Membership has benefits! Join the Island Estates Civic Association Today
Make sure you have your 2017 Membership Cards!
As a benefit to our members, the IECA provides Membership Cards for our paid members! We're working with local businesses to offer "incentives for members". Many have already jumped on board!
Show your Membership Card to receive discounts at these participating businesses:
- The Brown Boxer: 20% off entire bill at any location
- Clear Sky Beachside Cafe: 15% off entire bill
- Crabby's Bar and Grill: 10% off Food and Drink every day
- Pan Filos Bar & Grill: 15% off Food and Drink every day
- Papa John's - www.papajohns.com 20% off your online purchase (use promo code IECA20 at checkout)
- Sands Beach Bar and Grill: 10% off Food, Drink Specials every day (ask your server)
- Shor Restaurant in the Hyatt Hotel: 15% Food and Beverage discount and complimentary self parking in the Hyatt garage
- Pearly’s Beach Eats: 15% off for IECA members
Big Man’s Moving Company – www.bigmansmoving.com – 10% off residential moves – 727-772-3458
- Surfside Taphouse - 20% off www.surfsidetaphouse.com
Click the link below to join IECA.
Members also enjoy FREE admission to the Spring and Winter Socials at Island Way Grill, with complimentary buffet dinner. These events are always fun and enjoyed by IECA members!
Pay by check, credit card, or PayPal. Click here to join
What does the IECA do for you?
- The IECA is both a service and a social organization. On the social side, we sponsor a number of events every year to bring the community together, including social events at Island Way Grill, the Spring Block Party, the Fall Fun Run and the Halloween Parade.
- Our current efforts and past achievements to provide needed services to the neighborhood include:
- We help to make our island beautiful
- After a two-year effort, secured a $14,000.00 grant from the City of Clearwater to improve landscaping at the entry and Island Way medians
- Maintain the landscaping and flower beds at the entrance to Island Estates
- Last year negotiated an agreement with the City to have them maintain the Island Way medians north of the entrance, providing huge cost savings
- Maintain and replace the American Flag at the neighborhood entrance, and provide flag lowering on appropriate occasions, including a 9/11 ceremony
- Install and store a fabulous holiday light display at the neighborhood entry from Thanksgiving to New Year’s each year
- Keep our causeway clean
- Host four Memorial Causeway cleanup days every year as part of our agreement with the City to “adopt” the trail from the Memorial Causeway Bridge to the Mandalay Channel Bridge
- Work to keep our residents safe and preserve our property values
- Have an assigned liaison officer from the Clearwater Police Department who attends all Board meetings and provides updates on crime reports and crime prevention programs
- Interface with numerous City departments to keep Island Estates residents informed of code changes, new projects like the bridge repairs, property development applications and other issues of interest to the Island
- Provide an up to date website with information about the IECA and the neighborhood, and email newsletters with current information about the neighborhood, the City and the beach community of interest to our residents
- Keep residents informed
- Respond to questions and concerns about conditions that may be code violations and interacting directly with the City Code Enforcement department to correct violations where needed
- Maintain strong communications and good working relations with the Mayor, City Council, and other officials at the City
- Provide promotional opportunities for Island Estates businesses
- Engage our community
- Host an annual Town Hall Meeting each November to elect officers and directors, to provide in person presentations about current events and to inform the residents about our budget and accounting for the use of funds paid by our members during the year
- Act as representatives of Island Estates at the Clearwater Neighborhoods Coalition and the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce
- Spring and winter IECA member socials at Island Way Grill
- Hold events that bring neighbors together
- Hold an annual island-wide, neighborhood garage sale, promoted by running advertising in local media
- Deliver welcome baskets to new Island Estates residents
- Spring Block Party
- Fall Fun Run
- Halloween Parade
The IECA exists for you, the residents of Island Estates. We hope you will support our efforts with your membership