- Category: News Story
Upcoming Events on Island Estates
Third Annual Monster Mash Halloween Costume Parade - October 29
Fun for kids of all ages and pets!
Parade line up begins on Dory Passage north of Publix shopping center at 10:30 am, parade begins 11:00. Pizza and treats follow parade.
IECA Annual Town Hall Meeting - November 14
The yearly meeting and election of officers and directors will be held at the Island Way Grill at 7 pm. The agenda will include an update on the Island Estates shopping center construction from Publix Supermarkets’ corporate office, and the construction plans for Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
Winter Social - December 13
At Island Way Grill, Tuesday, December 13, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Free to IECA members and residents can join at the door!
What does the IECA do for you?
The IECA is both a service and a social organization. On the social side, we sponsor a number of events every year to bring the community together, including social events at Island Way Grill, the Spring Block Party, the Fall Fun Run and the Halloween Parade.
Our current efforts and past achievements to provide needed services to the neighborhood include:
We help to make our island beautiful
- After a two-year effort, secured a $14,000.00 grant from the City of Clearwater to improve landscaping at the entry and Island Way medians
- Maintain the landscaping and flower beds at the entrance to Island Estates
- Last year negotiated an agreement with the City to have them maintain the Island Way medians north of the entrance, providing huge cost savings
- Maintain and replace the American Flag at the neighborhood entrance, and provide flag lowering on appropriate occasions, including a 9/11 ceremony
- Install and store a fabulous holiday light display at the neighborhood entry from Thanksgiving to New Year’s each year
Keep our causeway clean
- Host four Memorial Causeway cleanup days every year as part of our agreement with the City to “adopt” the trail from the Memorial Causeway Bridge to the Mandalay Channel Bridge
Work to keep our residents safe and preserve our property values
- Have an assigned liaison officer from the Clearwater Police Department who attends all Board meetings and provides updates on crime reports and crime prevention programs
- Interface with numerous City departments to keep Island Estates residents informed of code changes, new projects like the bridge repairs, property development applications and other issues of interest to the Island
- Maintain strong communications and good working relations with the Mayor, City Council, and other officials at the City
- Respond to questions and concerns about conditions that may be code violations and interacting directly with the City Code Enforcement department to correct violations where needed
Keep residents informed
- Provide an up to date website with information about the IECA and the neighborhood, and email newsletters with current information about the neighborhood, the City and the beach community of interest to our residents
- Act as representatives of Island Estates at the Clearwater Neighborhoods Coalition and the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce
- Host an annual Town Hall Meeting each November to elect officers and directors, to provide in person presentations about current events and to inform the residents about our budget and accounting for the use of funds paid by our members during the year
Engage our community
- Provide promotional opportunities for Island Estates businesses
- Deliver welcome baskets to new Island Estates residents
- Hold an annual island-wide, neighborhood garage sale, promoted by running advertising in local media
Hold events that bring neighbors together
- Spring and winter IECA member socials at Island Way Grill
- Spring Block Party
- Fall Fun Run
- Halloween Parade
IECA Membership has even more benefits!
With your IECA Membership card, you can receive discounts from local restaurants and businesses. For complete details, CLICK HERE
To join the IECA, CLICK HERE
Are you on our email list?
The IECA sends monthly updates on IE news and events by email. If you do not currently receive emails from the IECA, click here to join our list.
- Category: News Story